Sustainability LEED AP
Environmental impact is always a factor when planning and executing client projects. CORE takes its responsibility seriously and proudly supports Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED).
LEED is an internationally-recognized green building certification system developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). It provides a concise framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operation and maintenance and promotes the whole-building approach to sustainability. Specific benefits of the LEED program include:
- Enhanced protection of ecosystems and bio-diversity
- Conservation of natural resources
- Reduction of operating costs
- Improvement in employee productivity and satisfaction
- Improved air, thermal and acoustical environments
- Possible tax rebates, zoning allowances and other incentives offered by local, state and national agencies
Due to LEED’S advocacy of smart stewardship of resources and sensitivity to the environment, it should be considered early in the project development cycle with an integrated team that includes the developer/owner, architect, engineer, landscape architect, contractor and property management staff. This ensures compliance and project certification-worthiness.
More than half of the CORE Resources team is LEED Certified which ensures that a certified team member will be involved at each and every step of the project process.